Healing the Body, Mind, and the Soul

synopsis

art done by Snow Angel12.
Healers, philosophers, wise man, etc from around the world welcome and let us share our knowledge. My goal is to help other learn different methods of healing, ideas, thoughts and bring new methods that even I never heard about. I am not a pro and all I have are experiences that helped me with healing other. It is not a miracle because everyone can learn this if they have control over their own energy and the patience to take the steps one at the time. Share, learn, and grow.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Energy usage when doing Martial arts

As a beginner martial artist in Aikido, i notice some small things that I didn't notice much about as regular person who never took a class. Most of the time I didn't understand as much or took me twice as longer to understand the concept. But now as I am in the shoes of learning something new and different, a whole new path opened up to me. Probably a pro or someone better might be better at energy control than I or explain it in a different way. One day i might be able to clarify it better when the time comes.

As the physical energy flow moves through out the body, or are pushed around aikido tends to go with the flow to upset the balance of our opponent. This is easier said than done, the concept is pretty easy to think of in the mind, but when it comes to doing it physically, I tend to either want to grab the other person or i do it wrong and hurt myself.

From moving at the same time as the opponent when they strike to moving the hand to deflect the blows, I tend to forget this and either move when they step up to me and then I move........i know this is a bad habit to have. But as times goes by the movement and steps becomes easier.

Now this is where it becomes a little interesting, and maybe a bit different. Every time when someone strikes or grabs me, i imagine and push my mental energy or chakra/chi with the pull of my own direction of twirls and steps. I am not so sure what it does to the person who grabs me, but i do notice a small amount of burst of energy coming from me. I am not muscular or strong so i have my limits right now.

What i notice as well, because i haven't got the steps down of the move yet, it hard to focus the thoughts of where the energy goes.

Here are some links about Aikido and other martial arts i found randomly:
http://www.stenudd.com/aikido/aikidobasics.htm
http://www.thenewwarrior.com/media/1086/Pulling_Energy_Technique_in_Jeet_Kune_Do/

about ki
http://members.fortunecity.com/kisociety/undergroundsociety/id5.html

As you search and read about different things, it is up to you on what you believe is possibly and not. So go with an open mind to find different ideas and thoughts that could help you in making martial arts a little bit more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment